Monday, June 13, 2011

SPANISH GUITAR



Do you ever wonder what a Spanish guitar is? Well, I do. I never thought that the ‘Spanish guitar’ is the six-stringed classic guitar itself until I google it. Spanish guitar is actually a chordophone that make us of plucking to produce the sound. A Spanish guitar usually looks like this:


I also discovered that there are at least three songs with “Spanish Guitar” as the title. The singers were Gary Moore, a Northern Irish musician, Gene Clark, an American singer-songwriter, and, of course, Toni Braxton, an American R&B singer, songwriter and actress.

Upon googling, I also discovered a poem entitled “Spanish Guitar” and which was written by G. A. Mendoza. This poem is included in Villaneous Thoughts. Below is an excerpt:

Spanish Guitar
By G. A. Mendoza

Is there a purpose in melody-?
Must the pain and the passion occupy me so-?
With waves a fire and gusts of tears;
That leaves, in a place so empty, a
Vulnerability and
Desire that fills me to heights-
And takes me to places-
Only imagined or unfulfilled.

In every note I feel you-
Breathless, and in every moment I hear you
voice low, sultry.
In every stroke, I see us
Like the strings plucked in vibrato-
I feel us.
With every flurry of finger-
I taste your skin upon my lips and
I endure the rush of heat that saturates my
Senses, over and over again-

No comments:

Post a Comment